We completed our first “Digital Health Bootcamp” for healthcare professionals in Africa.
The first of its kind.
An official report will be made available soon, which will include some highlights of the 90-day-long journey.
It has been an adventurous journey for all of us. We are super excited!
We have learned a whole lot.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”Steve Jobs
Did We Encounter Any Challenges?
Yes, we came across some challenges along the way.
Every start-up has its own unique challenges [especially start-ups like ours venturing into unchartered territory]. And what makes a start-up stronger is the ability to learn from challenges and mistakes.
We have learned from our challenges and mistakes, and we are determined to make the next cohort better—it only gets better.
I will write a separate post detailing the nature of the challenges we faced and how we were able to surmount them.
Students will graduate soon [they are currently busy with projects], and plans to start the next cohort are already underway.
If you missed the first cohort, here’s another opportunity to participate in this “one-of-its-kind” online digital health mentorship and training programme for healthcare professionals in Africa.
“Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.”Guy Kawasaki
What Makes Our Digital Health Bootcamp Special?
- Carecode Digital Health Hub is a digital health start-up driven by passionate healthcare professionals who understand what it means to be in healthcare and, at the same time, devote time to building a career in tech—we totally understand how it feels.
- We have been in the “Healthcare Media Game” for some time now, so we know how online communities work.
- We believe in community. To us, we are nurturing relationships that will, in the long run, become an innovative family of healthcare professionals who are equipped to change the narrative in healthcare leadership and innovation, especially in Africa.
- We know how to network [we love it]. We invite specialists from the various tech fields we feature in our bootcamps, and we work closely with them to develop training content tailored for the healthcare ecosystem in Africa.
- We understand the unique needs of healthcare professionals who desire to transition into the field of digital health or health tech. We know how to listen to them and how to guide them on their way to their destination.
- We are devoted to learning. Our start-up is guided by the core principles of leadership and innovation. We are ready to learn new things, adopt new methods and techniques, and collaborate with anyone or entity that shares our values [leadership, innovation, and creativity].
- We are the first digital health start-up in Africa to venture into the unknown niche of digital health education and literacy for healthcare professionals.
“Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.”Michael Dell
What To Expect In The Next Cohort
In the next cohort, we have plans to include more “no-code” and “low-code” tech pathways. So, we are looking at adding Project Management, Product Design, and Digital Marketing into the game alongside our traditional Data Analytics and UI/UX Design.
Send us a message now on Whatsapp, and book your space by just “introducing yourself” and letting us know why you want to jump into the world of digital health [it’s that simple].
We will reserve your slot and keep you updated, communicating with you through emails [give us your favourite email address] and directly on Whatsapp.
Please take note: If you were a student in the first cohort who could not complete the bootcamp, we will be giving you another opportunity to make up in the next cohort. Kindly send us a message on Whatsapp with your full names and let us know why you couldn’t meet up. We will be glad to help you.
Subscribe to “Care City Weekly” on Substack to get updates sent directly into your inbox.